Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A moment in history

 From the diary of  the Time Warden


How to save millions of lives? one would say that by eliminating the source of danger but what if this source is a human being? That was the question that kept ringing in my head just before I approached Adlof Hitler,  dictator of Nazi Germany associated with the rise of fascism in Europe, World War II and the Holocaust. Of course he was not in charge yet. There he was finishing his painting, unaware pf my presence. Taking him by surprise would be as easy as pie but I was not going to kill him. As I approached Hitler I pulled a piece of paper form my coat. It was a scholarship. He did not know what to say.I knew that all those years he was trying to study Art in Vienna with no result. Now he was  able to graduate and become a famous painter. There was also a letter for him but I decided to let him open the envelope. I already knew what's inside so I decided to let him do it. A local gallery was going to publish his paintings. I was hoping that my work would not go down the drain, it would be so much easier to put a bullet in his head but that just wasn't me. I couldn't kill a man, even a murderer...technically he was not even a murderer yet.

Adolf Hitler that we know about form our history lessons was a mad man that sacrificed millions of lives, including his own men, in the name of his desire. what if he became a painter and never became a dictator. Perhaps someone else would take his place. Someone even worse, if that's even possible.

So many questions, so many answers. One thing is for sure.
Only time will tell what happens next....

1 comment:

  1. I quite like that concept. Both your intervention and your doubts about its effect. Smart :)

    ReplyDelete